Alternate Option
Thoughts from me.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 1:05 am
Tiger not on April Fools day
It looks like the rumour sites were wrong about April 1st. Specifically Think Secret. No direct admission from them though (“We were wrong!”). Just silence. We did get a 2nd wave of rumours that Tiger had gone “Golden Master” though. I suppose that is a good thing.

The further spin is that Apple is delaying the Tiger announcement because of the Pope’s death. While I don’t doubt that the Pope is dead, and that announcing a release of a major operating system during this period just isn’t Steve Job’s style, I wonder whether that detracts from the possibility that the April 1st date was just wrong to begin with.

In the meantime, some of Apple’s other hardware is overdue for updates - the list is a long one. I’ll just exclude the PowerBooks since they were updated recently. Buying Apple hardware is one strange thing. I haven’t formulated my thoughts about this yet. At this point, I do wonder if the ongoing “release watch” for Tiger is damping down on new hardware sales. I for one ain’t buying a new machine without Tiger on it. Bwa ha ha.

With regards to Tiger: Take your time Apple. Whatever you are doing, sounds good so far.

Get Firefox! Powered by ecto
Get Camino! RSS Digest
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Recent Thoughts
Archived Thoughts
Del.icio.us Bookmarks
Stories I’ve Dugg