Alternate Option
Thoughts from me.
Thursday, April 14, 2005 12:09 am
Wikipedia resignation
After having edited both the Wikipedia articles on the iMac and the iBook, I’ve decided to stop right there. I love Wikipedia, and visit it almost everyday. It ranks slightly below the Internet Movie Database, AppleTalk Australia, Whirlpool, MacNN forums, all my RSS feeds, Google News, and Google itself. So about 7th most visited site—see I am quite passionate about it.

I don’t get/grok/dig the idea of editing a free encyclopaedia though. The iMac and iBook articles were so aimless and disorganised, I couldn’t stand it. I felt like I was slashing and burning the entire article when I rewrote the whole thing. Yes, and it took me about 4 hours ×2 (for 2 articles). Later, I just had to edit the Launceston (Tasmania) article as well, although that was really short.

The Wikipedia help file does have some good advice for new contributors. I might be a spectator again for a while, before making more contributions. One day, when I’ve got really nothing to do.

[posted with ecto]


Get Firefox! Powered by ecto
Get Camino! RSS Digest
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Recent Thoughts
Archived Thoughts
Del.icio.us Bookmarks
Stories I’ve Dugg