Alternate Option
Thoughts from me.
Thursday, July 14, 2005 12:34 am
Podcasting thumbs up (and iFill)
I’ve been using the iTunes podcasting feature daily. Downloading updates every few hours, and then streaming new stuff via Airport Express to the stereo just outside my study area. Very impressive. The podcasting feature is version 1.0 rough-round-the-edges, and I don’t have an iPod yet, but the whole experience is still excellent.

Griffin Technology has a software called iFill that records streams off the net, into files, and then automagically syncs them to an iPod. Nifty—although I do wonder if Apple will incorporate that feature into iTunes. iTunes already has a “Radio” section that is full-featured, but which seems to be ignored. It wouldn’t take much programming muscle to insert a “Record” button beside a radio stream name… 

Technorati Tags: ,


Get Firefox! Powered by ecto
Get Camino! RSS Digest
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Recent Thoughts
Archived Thoughts
Del.icio.us Bookmarks
Stories I’ve Dugg