Alternate Option
Thoughts from me.
Thursday, September 08, 2005 12:38 pm
ROKR: so what’s new?
I don’t have any direct experience, but mobile phone usage in America seem totally different from that in the rest of the world. I’m used to the GSM standard, and having a massive range of mobile phones to choose from. And all the different mobile phone providers use GSM—even if I switch providers, I can still use the same phone.

So, the concept of a mobile phone with iTunes software, that is tied to cingular doesn’t seem all that impressive. Competitive phones that play MP3 files from SD or MMC cards not rare. My year-old Nokia 6230 did. The ROKR would (I’m guessing) support AAC and DRMed files, and uses a USB connection to sync with iTunes I suppose. I’d be most impressed if the phone uses a standard headphone jack… That’d would be new.

Anyway, people can’t make music purchases via the new ROKR, so why is it “iTunes” on the phone, and not “iPod” on the phone?

[posted with ecto]


Technorati Tags: , , ,


Get Firefox! Powered by ecto
Get Camino! RSS Digest
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Recent Thoughts
Archived Thoughts
Del.icio.us Bookmarks
Stories I’ve Dugg